Rat Model for Myocardial Infarction (MI)
AMI; Acute myocardial infarction; Heart attack
- Product No.DSI504Ra02
- Organism SpeciesRattus norvegicus (Rat) Same name, Different species.
- Prototype SpeciesHuman
- SourceInduced by ligating the coronary artery (LAD) method
- Model Animal StrainsSD Rats(SPF), healthy, half male and half female, body weight 180g~200g.
- Modeling GroupingRandomly divided into six group: Control group, Model group, Positive drug group and Test drug group (low, medium, high)
- Modeling Period72h
- Modeling Method1. Anesthesia with 3% pentobarbital sodium 30mg/kg by intraperitoneal injection, shave the chest and armpit hair with a shaving razor, expose the operation area, disinfection of operation area with iodine and 75% ethanol.
2. Tracheal intubation: after anesthesia, the toe of the test can be performed without reaction. Open the external light microscope, open the ventilator, setting the parameters ( respiratory ratio 2:1,Tidal volume 6~8ml,respiration frequency 75bpm). Tracheal intubation was inserted into the trachea along the glottis, and the rats were connected to the ventilator. The respiratory status of the mice was observed, and the chest beat was consistent with the frequency of the ventilator. The results indicated that the MI could be performed successfully.
3. Rats were on the right lateral decubitus, with ophthalmic scissors in the left forelimb armpit, cut three or four intercostal chest was opened to expose the heart full by microscissors, gently clip a small amount of pericardium and tear a little pericardium in the left ear, to fully expose the left anterior descending coronary artery (LAD) or the region.
4. Coronary artery ligation: use the microscope to find the LAD, with 5-0 with needle suture in the left heart, the lower pulmonary conus adjacent to 5-0 non-invasive suture through the left anterior descending coronary artery (LAD), to block the blood flow of LAD completely.
5. Close the chest: after ligation is completed, 5-0 suture completely open thoracic cavity (to ensure no gap, no dislocation) closed chest, from inside to outside by layer suture each layer of muscle and skin.
6. Pay close attention to the state of the mice after operation, whether there is abnormal breathing. After the mice were naturally recovered, the rats were removed from the ventilator and the trachea was removed.
- ApplicationsDisease Model
- Download n/a
- UOM Each case
For more details, please contact local distributors!
- Packages (Simulation)
- Packages (Simulation)
- Fig. Ultrasonography images for rat heart of MI model
- Fig. The TTC staining of rat heart of MI Model
- Fig. The operation of Ligation of LAD
- ISO9001: 2008, ISO13485: 2003 Registered
Model Evaluation of the Rat Model for Myocardial Infarction (MI)
Cardiac function can be evaluated by ultrasound or hemodynamic testing. B or M-mode ultrasonography images were used to measure left ventricular end diastolic and end systolic diameter (LVIDd, LVIDs), and the corresponding ejection fraction (EF%) and left ventricular short axis shortening (FS%) were calculated automatically.
Infarct size measured by TTC staining
Take the heart, squeeze the heart clean and dry it off and dry it at 4°C saline rinse after -20°C for 15 mins to make the heart hardens, remove and insert apex along the direction of the atrioventricular groove cut into 1mm thick sections were cut 5 pieces, and placed in 5ml 37°C TTC phosphate buffer, water bath for 15 mins. After TTC staining, The infarct area was white, and the infarct edge was brick red and the normal area is red.
Pathological Results of the Rat Model for Myocardial Infarction (MI)
Remove the heart and remove the blood vessels, fat and other impuritiesth. After weighing put the heart into 4% poly formaldehyde solution for 24 hours, and make the dehydration, embedding, paraffin section, HE staining. HE staining results showed that myocardial aligned and rich cytoplasm uniform, interstitial normal in control group; in model group: part of the myocardial nuclei loss, myocardial cell vacuolization, infarction area visible myocardial tissue disorders, myocardial cells disappeared, replaced by fibrous scar tissue.
Cytokines Level of the Rat Model for Myocardial Infarction (MI)
The cytokines were detected by ELISA
The blood were taken on 1h, 2h, 4h and 6h after operation. Blood were collected at room temperature for 2 hours, and centrifuged at 4℃, 3000r/min for 10min. The levels of cTn-T and other cytokines were detected by ELISA kit.
Statistical Analysis of the Rat Model for Myocardial Infarction (MI)
SPSS software is used for statistical analysis, measurement data to mean ± standard deviation (x ±ｓ), using t test and single factor analysis of variance for group comparison, P<0.05 indicates there was a significant difference, P<0.01 indicates there are very significant differences.
Tissue/Sections Customized Service
Serums Customized Service
Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Experiment Service
Small Animal In Vivo Imaging Experiment Service
Small Animal Micro CT Imaging Experiment Service
Small Animal MRI Imaging Experiment Service
Small Animal Ultrasound Imaging Experiment Service
Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) Experiment Service
Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Experiment Service
Learning and Memory Behavioral Experiment Service
Anxiety and Depression Behavioral Experiment Service
Drug Addiction Behavioral Experiment Service
Pain Behavioral Experiment Service
Neuropsychiatric Disorder Behavioral Experiment Service
Fatigue Behavioral Experiment Service
Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (A012)
Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (A013-2)
Total Anti-Oxidative Capability Assay Kit（A015-2）
Total Anti-Oxidative Capability Assay Kit (A015-1)
Superoxide Dismutase Assay Kit
Fructose Assay Kit (A085)
Citric Acid Assay Kit (A128 )
Catalase Assay Kit
Malondialdehyde Assay Kit
Glutathione S-Transferase Assay Kit
Microscale Reduced Glutathione assay kit
Glutathione Reductase Activity Coefficient Assay Kit
Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Kit
Glutathione Peroxidase (GSH-PX) Assay Kit
Cloud-Clone Multiplex assay kits
|Catalog No.||Organism species: Rattus norvegicus (Rat)||Applications (RESEARCH USE ONLY!)|
|DSI504Ra01||Rat Model for Myocardial Infarction (MI)||n/a|
|DSI504Ra02||Rat Model for Myocardial Infarction (MI)||Disease Model|
|TSI504Ra01||Rat Heart Tissue of Myocardial Infarction (MI)||Paraffin slides for pathologic research: IHC,IF and HE,Masson and other stainings|