Mouse Model for Cerebral Ischemia (CI)
Brain Ischemia; Cerebrovascular Ischemia; MCAO
- Product No.DSI523Mu01
- Organism SpeciesMus musculus (Mouse) Same name, Different species.
- Prototype SpeciesHuman
- SourceIschemia-Reperfusion with MCAO
- Model Animal StrainsBalb/c Mice(SPF level), male, healthy, body weight 25g~30g
- Modeling GroupingRandomly divided into groups: Control group, Model group, Positive drug group and Test drug group, 15 mice per group.
- Modeling Period24 hours, 3 days or 7 days
- Modeling Method1. 3% sodium pentobarbital (80 mg/kg), neck skin preparation, disinfection, insert the anus temperature probe, maintain the temperature within 37±0.5℃.
2. Incision of the middle of the neck, exposure the right common carotid artery, internal carotid artery and external carotid artery. Using 7-0 silk (at 2mm distance from the common carotid artery bifurcation ) to ligate the external carotid artery at the far end of the heart, pierces another 7-0 silk in the external carotid artery , and hit a slipknot near the bifurcation of the common carotid artery.
3. Use arterial clamps to clamp the common carotid artery. Make a small cut on the external carotid artery (1.5 mm distance from bifurcation of common carotid artery ), a root tip treated 0.18 mm diameter nylon line from the cut insertion into the internal carotid artery, and inward into the middle cerebral artery, nylon line insertion depth distance carotid artery bifurcation about 9±1mm.
4. Ischemia 90 mins and pull the suture, a 7-0 silk ligates artery proximal, 5-0 silk suture wounds on the neck, povidone iodine disinfection wound, put mice in a heating pad, and feed on constant temperature raising box after mice awaked.
5. 24hrs after operation, neurological function score is evaluated, and then the mice are injected intraperitoneally with 3% sodium pentobarbital, and the brains are stained with TTC and pathological staining.
- ApplicationsDiesase model
- Download n/a
- UOM Each case
For more details, please contact local distributors!
- Packages (Simulation)
- Packages (Simulation)
- Fig.TTC staining for modeling of mice brain ischemia-reperfusion
- ISO9001: 2008, ISO13485: 2003 Registered
Model Evaluation of the Mouse Model for Cerebral Ischemia (CI)
1.Neurological dysfunction score
Longa and Bederson's 5 point systems,make a score on mice awaked from anaesthesia 24 hours later.
0 points: no nerve injury symptoms
1 points can not fully extend the forepaw
2 points: to the opposite side
3 points: to the side dump
4 points: can not walk spontaneously, loss of consciousness
Take the brain and store at -20℃, 1% TTC (W/V), 37℃ water bath for TTC dissolved, the frozen brain tissue slices, placed in 10ml TTC solution, 37℃, 10min. Normal brain tissue staining is bright red, and the infarct area is pale.
Pathological Results of the Mouse Model for Cerebral Ischemia (CI)
Take the brain, 4% poly formaldehyde solution fixed, after dehydration of sucrose solution, the OCT embedded to make the frozen section (slice 10um), Nissl staining and the staining resluts are used for the evaluation of infarct size.
Cytokines Level of the Mouse Model for Cerebral Ischemia (CI)
Statistical Analysis of the Mouse Model for Cerebral Ischemia (CI)
SPSS software is used for statistical analysis, measurement data to mean ± standard deviation (x ±ｓ), using t test and single factor analysis of variance for group comparison, P<0.05 indicates there was a significant difference, P<0.01 indicates there are very significant differences.
Tissue/Sections Customized Service
Serums Customized Service
Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Experiment Service
Small Animal In Vivo Imaging Experiment Service
Small Animal Micro CT Imaging Experiment Service
Small Animal MRI Imaging Experiment Service
Small Animal Ultrasound Imaging Experiment Service
Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) Experiment Service
Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Experiment Service
Learning and Memory Behavioral Experiment Service
Anxiety and Depression Behavioral Experiment Service
Drug Addiction Behavioral Experiment Service
Pain Behavioral Experiment Service
Neuropsychiatric Disorder Behavioral Experiment Service
Fatigue Behavioral Experiment Service
Nitric Oxide (NO)Assay Kit (A012)
Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (A013-2)
Total Antioxidant Capacity Assay Kit（A015-2）
Total Anti-Oxidative Capability (T-AOC)Assay Kit(A015-1)
|Catalog No.||Organism species: Mus musculus (Mouse)||Applications (RESEARCH USE ONLY!)|
|DSI523Mu01||Mouse Model for Cerebral Ischemia (CI)||Diesase model|
|DSI523Mu02||Mouse Model for Cerebral Ischemia (CI)||n/a|
|DSI523Mu03||Mouse Model for Cerebral Ischemia (CI)||n/a|