Rat Model for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Product No.DSI538Ra01
- Organism SpeciesRattus norvegicus (Rat) Same name, Different species.
- Prototype SpeciesHuman
- SourceTraumatic brain strike induced
- Model Animal StrainsSD rats (SPF class), healthy, male, body weight 180g~200g
- Modeling GroupingRandomly divided into six group: Control group, Model group, Positive drug group and Test drug group (three doses).
- Modeling Period7d
- Modeling Method1.Weight the rats, anesthetized, shave the hair on the middle of the head and wipe operation area with tincture of iodine and alcohol.
2. Cut out the scalp for 2cm, located at the middle of the head and slightly offset to the right. Blunt separation of soft tissue and
bone outer membrane, skull exposed. Use skull drilling to open a diameter of 4 mm round bone window, keeping the dura intact. Using the method of free falling impact to brain contusion.
3.A metal object of 40g is fallen from 25cm high vertically.Impacted a cylinder put on the dura mater,impact force is 1000 g/cm. The impact causes right parietal lobe brain contusion and laceration, wound area is 4mm x 4mm, causing severe brain injury, bone window is then blocked with bone wax, then sutured scalp.
4. Free drinking water, normal feeding after the rats to wake up ,
5. Open a window on the right parietal lobe of the corresponding part of the skull, without injury in the control group.
1. Blood specimens: after surgery, 72h, 24h and 7d, to take 2ml blood in the inferior vena cava, room temperature static 2h, 3000r centrifuge 10 minutes at 4℃ to extract serum, and stored at -80℃.
2. Brain tissue: take the brain, 4% poly Formaldehyde Solution fixed, after dehydration of sucrose solution, the OCT package to do the frozen sections(10um).
- ApplicationsDisease Model
- Download n/a
- UOM Each case
For more details, please contact local distributors!
- Packages (Simulation)
- Packages (Simulation)
- Fig. Operation of Traumatic Brain Injury
- ISO9001: 2008, ISO13485: 2003 Registered
Model Evaluation of the Rat Model for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
1. Detection of cognitive ability
The neurological function of rats after brain injury is injured, and the cognitive ability is also affected. After 6 days of training, the Morris water maze can be used to test the effect of the stress on the environment, and the rats were excluded.
2. Cell apoptosis detection
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) produces a large number of apoptotic cells. Apoptosis is occurred in multicellular organisms in a program of cell death process, which a variety of biochemical process will cause changes in cell characteristics, especially on the morphological change, finally leading to cell death. Cell apoptosis can be detected by TUNEL method.
Pathological Results of the Rat Model for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Cytokines Level of the Rat Model for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Statistical Analysis of the Rat Model for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
SPSS software is used for statistical analysis, measurement data to mean ± standard deviation (x ±ｓ), using t test and single factor analysis of variance for group comparison, P<0.05 indicates there was a significant difference, P<0.01 indicates there are very significant differences.
Tissue/Sections Customized Service
Serums Customized Service
Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Experiment Service
Small Animal In Vivo Imaging Experiment Service
Small Animal Micro CT Imaging Experiment Service
Small Animal MRI Imaging Experiment Service
Small Animal Ultrasound Imaging Experiment Service
Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) Experiment Service
Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Experiment Service
Learning and Memory Behavioral Experiment Service
Anxiety and Depression Behavioral Experiment Service
Drug Addiction Behavioral Experiment Service
Pain Behavioral Experiment Service
Neuropsychiatric Disorder Behavioral Experiment Service
Fatigue Behavioral Experiment Service
Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (A012)
Nitric Oxide Assay Kit (A013-2)
Total Anti-Oxidative Capability Assay Kit（A015-2）
Total Anti-Oxidative Capability Assay Kit (A015-1)
Superoxide Dismutase Assay Kit
Fructose Assay Kit (A085)
Citric Acid Assay Kit (A128 )
Catalase Assay Kit (A007-1)
Malondialdehyde Assay Kit
Glutathione S-Transferase Assay Kit
Microscale Reduced Glutathione assay kit
Glutathione Reductase Activity Coefficient Assay Kit
Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Kit
Glutathione Peroxidase (GSH-PX) Assay Kit
|Catalog No.||Organism species: Rattus norvegicus (Rat)||Applications (RESEARCH USE ONLY!)|
|DSI538Ra01||Rat Model for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)||Disease Model|